Giving your bathroom that much needed remodeling can cost a fortune, but did you know that you don’t need to splurge all out just to transform your bathroom into a cool and relaxing place? Yes, you can. If we take a look at some remodeling magazines, standard bathroom remodeling can cost you up to $12,500. While a complete overhaul will cost you more than $27,000.
But if you’re creative enough and know how to do some DIY stuff, you can remodel your bathroom in just $1000 to $2000. Keep in mind that DIY techniques may take a lot of time and effort to complete, but the results in the end are totally worth it. However, if you want to save even more cash, you can hire bathroom repair contractors to let them do all the work with little effort.
- One of the most expensive aspect when it comes to remodeling is tiling. What’s worse is that homeowners can’t manage these on their own, and hiring a professional tiler is a must to complete the job. However, you can limit the number of tiles so you won’t spend a lot. Much better if you just focus tiling high-impact areas such as the floors inside the shower walls.
- But if you want to make your tiling unique, you can use expensive artistic tiles along with the cheaper ones. They aren’t noticeable once installed, and probably saves you a lot of cash in the long run.
Choose wisely when selecting granite counter-top colors
- Granite countertops has been the norm for homeowners these days. One reason why they choose this over bathroom countertops because of its size and comfortability. There’s nothing wrong when selecting such compared to the one you would spend on kitchen countertops.
- However, if you want to save money, you should pay attention on the color. Neutral tones such as tan, grey, brown, and trendy are quite expensive. Instead, choose colors that has darker tones that will complement your floor, walls, and other bathroom accessories.
Repaint the interiors
- The most cost effective way to remodel your bathroom is repainting its interiors to make it look fresh and new. It can be a tough job since the bathroom is the smallest room in the house, so you have to be very gentle and careful while painting every nook and corner of it.
- One thing you should also consider is the moisture. Mold and dew are your bathroom’s worst enemy, while temperature and humidity can spoil your walls, mirror, and countertops. With that being said, investing in a good quality paint is definitely a must. Look for one that has a proper satin finish to make your bathroom look more durable and moist friendly.
Little detail counts
- When remodeling, it’s important to pay attention even the smallest details of your bathroom. Check different fixtures such as lighting, sinks, towel racks, counter tops and see if they need to be fixed or updated. It may seem necessary to include them but a single fix can create a huge difference in your bathroom.
Buy used items
- Buying used fixtures like showers and toilets can let you save even more cash. Go online and check out eBay or craigslist and browse on their endless choices of used mirrors, doors, sinks, and tubs that comes in affordable prices.
Bathroom remodeling is a tough job that can cost you tons of cash. However, as long as you follow these simple tips above, you can transform your bathroom to make it look fresh and new without even spending a lot.